1. Where are we talking from today?
2. How is 2018 treating you so far?
With a baby, band stuff and starting a new job it’s been utterly nuts but also amazing!
3. How did you get involved in music?
Music first hit me when I heard the guitar solo in Let it Be (the album version with the solo that comes in hot) when I was around 10. The tone, the bends, the feel, the attack — I didn’t know what those things were at the time but it blew my mind.
4. When did you make music a priority?
After college I played in an amazing band called Willie Mays Haze that was going for it but never went anywhere, because that is what happens in this industry and with life. And so I went to law school but am now trying to bring music back into the fold with this band.
5. What inspires you daily to write & record music?
It’s the most fun and satisfying thing in the world; like solving a challenging math or logic puzzle only you get to be creative and add harmonies and sweet guitar solos.
6. Name 1-2 highly influential musicians that you listen to & respect?
Donald Fagen is my #1 of all time.
7. When it comes to how the music enthusiast listens to your album do you prefer they buy or stream and why?
8. Do you have an album/EP out now that readers should check out or are you about releasing singles?
Yes, the Ninth’s debut EP “The Answer” is up on Spotify here:
Also Apple, Amazon, etc. — just search for it and know there’s another artist called The Ninth who shares our name but makes EDM music we have nothing to do with (but I’m sure is great if you’re into that).
9. Music wise, what are you working on?
Getting ready for our show at the Nest in Brooklyn on 7/20. Also learning lots of interesting covers because my family’s about to take a beach vacation and I like to provide the entertainment.
10. Do you have any plans to tour?
No immediate plans
11. When you are not making music what else do you enjoy to do?
Hanging with my amazing wife Elissa and baby Zach, and our three-legged cat Oscar.