1. Where are we talking from today?
A. Atlanta, GA.
2. How is 2018 treating you so far?
A. 2018 has been good so far for me. Just been doing a lot of show bookings here in Atlanta and promoting my single “Do or Die” feat. Xa Porter.
3. How did you get involved in music?
A. I’ve been involved in music since I was a child. The earliest memory of music for me was in my parent’s basement. I was maybe 2 or 3 years old. My brother’s, mom and dad and I all dancing around to my dad’s old vinyl collection.
4. When did you make music a priority?
A. Music became a major priority in my life when I was 18 leaving high school going to college and in college, I realize that I wanted to do music for the rest of my life. So I dropped out and pursued music full heartedly ever since.
5. What inspires you daily to write & record music?
A. What inspires me daily to continue writing and recording music is life. the ups and downs, the trials and tribulations, love and loss, and the struggle and adversity that young black men like myself have to endure every day when they wake up. Every aspect of life requires me to write and express myself from my point of view and to know that one day my music can actually help people get through there tough times of hardship and for them to know that they are not alone.
6. Name 1-2 highly influential musicians that you listen to & respect?
A. Common and Andre 3000.
7. When it comes to how the music enthusiast listens to your album do you prefer they buy or stream and why?
A. I know we live in the digital age but I prefer my fans to buy physical hard copies. Nothing beats a physical hard copy in your hand that is tangible that you can touch that you could take with you. I remember being a kid and getting a CD and looking through the pamphlet and reading all the different things, I didn’t know about each song, looking up the lyrics and getting different wall posters inside of the CD case. I would like to spread that same experience to my fans.
8. Do you have an album/EP out now that readers should check out or are you about releasing singles?
A. Right now I have my single “Do or Die” featuring XA Porter out now. I have two more follow-up singles “Little Bit” and “Move Around” about to release in the next month.
9. Music wise, what are you working on?
A. I’m currently recording my EP titled “Classics II” which will be released by the end of the year.
10. Do you have any plans to tour?
A. After I release my follow-up singles and drop my EP I will be doing a 3 city tour. Dates will be released at the top of 2019.
11. When you are not making music what else do you enjoy to do?
A. When I’m not making music I enjoy exercising, playing basketball, I love to cook, spend time with my family and getting out socializing and networking.
12. Where you @ online?
- @ August 27, 2018 9:53 am