1. Where are we talking from today?
We are in Los Angeles
2. How is 2018 treating you so far?
Very well, thank you! 🙂 We have been busy writing songs, plus we are writing a musical, and this year we had a dream come true 🙂 We performed with a full orchestra – a cover song from Buffalo Springfield at a fundraiser event
3. How did you get involved in music?
Both of our parents were singers and music was always playing at home. Our mom says we sang before we spoke 🙂 We were the singing twin sisters of our town, and started performing at the age of eight.
4. When did you make music a priority?
Music was always there and it influenced us both a little different at the beginning. Corinna knew from little on, that she wanted to be a singer, but Isabelle’s dream was to at first live a life of business, seeing music as just something that’s always there. Our father had declined a record deal in the 60s, believing that music could never be seen as a ‘real’ job. But when he died, everything changed and Isabelle joined Corinna in a band named COUSIN KATE, which taught us a lot, but eventually dissolved. Bringing us to today and OUR TRUTH 🙂
5. What inspires you daily to write & record music?
Love would be the quick answer 🙂 There is always a song playing in our heads and melodies and lyrics often just suddenly come out of nowhere
6. Name 1-2 highly influential musicians that you listen to & respect?
Isabelle’s favorite musician is David Bowie and Corinna’s biggest influences are Kate Bush and Olivia Newton-John
7. When it comes to how the music enthusiast listens to your album do you prefer they buy or stream and why?
Whatever makes them happy. Although of course preferred would be what brings the most income, since the more money there is, the more possiblities there are to share ourselves on a larger scale
8. Do you have an album/EP out now that readers should check out or are you about releasing singles?
We have been releasing singles, there are 5 available online right now. We are about to release our 6th song, the German version of our last release BACK TO LOVE – with a bit different instrumentation
9. Music wise, what are you working on?
We are working on writing our musical and recording the songs for it. All songs that have been released so far are part of the musical.
10. Do you have any plans to tour?
Absolutely! Our music is meant to be shared with the world, that is our mission, so yes!! But at this moment we are building a catalogue and as soon as we have enough songs recorded, we are ready for touring.
11. When you are not making music what else do you enjoy to do?
We love being in nature, dancing, writing, painting, connecting with people and helping others to feel happy/better/good
12. Where you @ online?
Our website is ourtruthmusic.com
Here is a YouTube link to the official video of our song “In My Heart”:
OUR TRUTH – In My Heart (Official music video)
- @ October 4, 2018 1:27 pm