1. Where are we talking from today?
A. We are talking to you from Somerset, Kentucky.
2. What would you like to accomplish in 2019?
A. We would like to tour and open for some major artists in 2019.
3. What is your take on politics?
A. Politics has its place but we aren’t a political band. We like to entertain.
4. Where did you get your artist name from?
A. Rachel Crowe is our leading lady and singer hence the name the Rachel Crowe Band.
5. Growing up, how important has music been in your life? Can you recall the moment when you decided that you wanted to be a musician? Was it an easy or difficult choice to make?
A. Music has been very important to all of us in the group. It was not a choice. We were born to perform and not happy doing anything else.
6. Was there ever a time when you thought about doing something else? If you weren’t a musician today, what could you see yourself doing?
A. I don’t know how to do anything else. Music is it. I live, breathe, eat, and sleep Music.
7. What has been the biggest surprise so far about making music your career? What has been an unexpected or welcome challenge to it all?
A. My biggest surprise is how it’s not easy to make it big and at this point, it seems impossible. I’ve been performing for 20 plus years and worked and scrapped for every gig and opportunity I have received. Nothing has been handed to me.
8. What was it like putting together your EP?
A. Our EP was very rewarding and fun. It was a milestone for us as well considering all the roadblocks, critics, and naysayers. We have just soldiered on together.
9. Who are some of your favorite artists or rather, what musicians have continued to inspire you and your music? Who would you absolutely still love to work within the future?
A. We collectively love the blues. Our individual favorites are all different. We are influenced by the Black Crowes, Buddy Guy, Tina Turner, Paul Butterfield, Stevie Wonder, Hendrix, Janis, Billy Joe Shaver and would love to work with any of them.
10. What has it been like keeping up with your social media accounts and all of the different platforms? Is it hard to stay up to date on it all? What would you say is your favorite way to connect with your fans now?
A. It can be a real chore keeping up with social media and websites. We are old fashioned and would much rather meet people live face to face. It would be awesome if someone else could take care of that for us and we could just focus on the music.
11. If you were going to be stranded on a deserted island, what musical item would you take with you and why?
A. My acoustic guitar would be what I would want with me on a deserted island. I can do anything with it and it’s where it all begins with me. I don’t need an amp, band, audience or anything if I have my acoustic.
12. If your music was going to be featured on any TV show that is currently on right now, which would you love it to be on? Or if you prefer, what is a movie that you love that you wish your music was featured in?
A. I have had the pleasure of having my music on two small indie films and it was neat. I wished our music could have been on the Big Lebowski soundtrack.
13. At the end of the day, what do you hope people take away from your music?
A. I hope people enjoy our music. I hope it helps them remember good times. I hope they find out others feel the way they do. It’s always better knowing you are not feeling something alone.
14. When you are not making music what else do you enjoy to do?
A. I have a farm that I enjoy being on every day.
15. Where you @ online?
- @ May 15, 2019 11:53 am