1. Where are we talking from today?
A. I’m speaking to you from my studio office in Brooklyn NY.
2. Where did you get your artist name from?
A. The name “Broadbelt” is our surname given to us at birth. The surname Broadbelt was first found in Lancashire where they held a family seat from very ancient times, some say well before the Norman Conquest and the arrival of Duke William at Hastings in 1066 A.D.
3. Music wise what are you working on right now? Are you currently promoting a single or album?
A. Yes, I’m currently working on promoting our latest release titled *Ascension* and booking a summer tour. The first single is Panama.
4. Who or what were the most significant influences on your musical life and career?
A. My father and a musician named Al Row from Chicago are my two biggest influences.
5. Who are your favorite musicians?
A. Wynton & Bradford Marsalis, Jeff Tain Watts, Miles Davis, Al Row, Public Enemy, Jackson 5, Garnet Broadbelt, Keston Barker.
6. What have been the greatest challenges/frustrations of your career so far?
A. The biggest challenge has always been international exposure.
7. As a musician, what is your definition of success?
A. Creating a sound that inspires. It’s beyond money. It is about changing the world and uplifting humanity with art, music.
8. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
A. Perfection is an illusion, I choose to be happy. You can too.
9. What is your present state of mind?
A. Excited and focused.
10. What is your most treasured possession?
A. That’s idolatry, I love people not things.
11. What do you enjoy doing most?
A. I love the performance aspect of music, I become supper natural.
12. Where would you like to be in 10 years’ time?
A. Free from all obligation it’s simple less is more.
13. Where you @ online?
- @ May 15, 2019 11:16 am