1. Where are we talking from today?
A. I currently live in Encinitas, CA. This is a San Diego Suburb and Beach community.
2. What would you like to accomplish in 2019?
A. This year I would love to book and play more concerts and finish my 4th Musical CD.
3. What is your take on politics?
A. Politics are necessary but not necessarily exciting.
4. Where did you get your artist name from?
A. Lou Lollio is my given name.
5. Growing up, how important has music been in your life? Can you recall the moment when you decided that you wanted to be a musician? Was it an easy or difficult choice to make?
A. Growing up I was the singer in a Gospel Family Musical Group called the Acords. From the time I can remember I have been touring and performing music.
6. Was there ever a time when you thought about doing something else? If you weren’t a musician today, what could you see yourself doing?
A. I have enjoyed other artistic careers. I am a Screen Actors Guild Member (SAG) and have performed in several movies “Last Action Heroes” Arnold Schwarzenegger and popular television shows including General Hospital. I continue to work in Movies and Television. Music is my first love and always will be.
7. What has been the biggest surprise so far about making music your career? What has been an unexpected or welcome challenge to it all?
A. The biggest surprise for me choosing a career in music is how it has taken me all over the world. Music is a Universal language, loved by many. One of the unexpected challenges has been to pay for International travel on a shoestring budget. Then there are times when everything is paid for you and you just get to cruise along. One day all paid and the next day pay to play so to speak. That is a surprising challenge for me.
8. What was it like putting together your E.P?
A. I have had several CD releases and the first was a very exciting time. It seemed that every obstacle was set to disrupt me. I persevered and it came out beautiful and I am very proud of that and every release that I have been blessed to have.
9. Who are some of your favorite artists or rather, what musicians have continued to inspire you and your music? Who would you absolutely still love to work within the future?
A. Some of my musical influences and artist who have inspired me have been, Little Richard, Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Chuck Berry, Bob Dylan, Michael W Smith and so many more. I would love to do concerts with Michael W Smith, Chris Tomlin, Bob Dylan, Matt Redman and on and on.
10. What has it been like keeping up with your social media accounts and all of the different platforms? Is it hard to stay up to date on it all? What would you say is your favorite way to connect with your fans now?
A. I am an avid Social Media artist. It is often challenging to keep up. I try to take it day by day and just put up videos and music streams on the internet using Facebook, Instagram, Reverbnation, N1M, Youtube, Itunes, Tunecore, Spotify, Apple Music, CD Baby, my own website https://LouLolliomusic.com, and almost any site that will allow me to post. I really enjoy the feedback and comradery on these sites. Friends are very encouraging.
11. If you were going to be stranded on a deserted island, what musical item would you take with you and why?
A. If I were stranded on an Island I would have to have my guitar. I also play the piano but that is hard to carry around especially on an Island.
12. If your music was going to be featured on any TV show that is currently on right now, which would you love it to be on? Or if you prefer, what is a movie that you love that you wish your music was featured in?
A. I would love to perform on Television on the Tonight Show. That has always been a dream of mine that I believe I can accomplish. Especially with the help of my Social Media Friends.
13. At the end of the day, what do you hope people take away from your music?
A. I hope people when they listen to my music, are moved to do something extraordinary. One of my lyrics says “I Need to Dream I need to ride upon the milky way and overcome the storm”. My hope is that people will be moved to do something in their lives even if it is just to kiss their child and tell them they love them. We all need to be moved. Music is definitely a catalyst to be moved.
14. When you are not making music what else do you enjoy to do?
A. When I am not making music I am enjoying the ocean, the beach, traveling the world, sailing.
15. Where you @ online?
A. Join me online, Facebook, Instagram, Reverbnation, N1M, Youtube, Itunes, Tunecore, Spotify, Apple Music, CD Baby, LouLollio@aol.com, my own website https://LouLolliomusic.com.
- Q&A With Michael Herrick
- The Urban Twinz