1. Where are we talking from today?
A. Currently residing in Sacramento, CA
2. Where did you get your artist name from?
A. I’m just using my real name. I’ve never found an artist name that I really liked, so I just stuck with my real name.
3. Music wise what are you working on right now? Are you currently promoting a single or album?
A. Currently, have a few open projects just awaiting vocals, but I’m always in the studio working on something new. Just dropped a new single today, so I’ll be promoting the hell out of that until my next release in July!
4. Who or what were the most significant influences on your musical life and career?
A. I think my sound is heavily influenced by the pop-punk bands of the 2000s, especially blink-182. I think my tracks have a bouncy, happy sound reminiscent of that type of music. As far as EDM type music goes, I draw heavily from Porter Robinson and Flume.
5. Who are your favorite musicians?
A. Right now, I’m a huge fan of Porter Robinson, Flume, Droeloe, San Holo, Madeon, Kacey Musgraves, Ariana Grande, and Cardi B.
6. What have been the greatest challenges/frustrations of your career so far?
A. Getting my music heard has been the most frustrating part. It’s hard to get people to actually take action and listen to a song.
7. As a musician, what is your definition of success?
A. My definition of success is probably a lot different than other musicians, but I would just love my music to be recognized and admired by fellow producers and artists.
8. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
A. I love having a goal to work toward, the pursuit of a goal makes me happy. If I don’t have that, then I’m lost.
9. What is your present state of mind?
A. Currently feeling really happy and excited, got a lot of new music coming this year and it’s feeling like summer, so just in a good mood.
10. What is your most treasured possession?
A. Just bought a new Taylor Guitar after having a cheap guitar for a long time. I really love playing that thing, I’m obsessed.
11. What do you enjoy doing most?
A. I just love producing. Coming up with some cool chords, a fun melody, some cool drums. There is no better feeling than making a song that you’re in love with.
12. Where would you like to be in 10 years’ time?
A. I would love to be doing music full time in an awesome home studio. Right now, I’m working full time as a mechanical engineer, and doing music in my bedroom at night and on the weekends. So my goal is to quit my day job and have a real studio.
13. Where you @ online?
- Awesome Interview With LA Johnson
- Amazing Interview With Artist Lou Lollio