1. Where are we talking from today?
A. South Lake Tahoe, CA.
2. Where did you get your artist name from?
A. I do not know, just came out to me like that.
3. Music-wise what are you working on right now? Are you currently promoting a single or album?
A. I am doing all pre-production demos for my next album in my home studio with my buddies Greg and Matt from LA when they are not on the road with Ringo or Elton John…
4. Who or what were the most significant influences on your musical life and career?
A. I started playing at 5 years old, professionally at 13, touring at 16, I never really stopped but slowed down to work on my music. I had the opportunity to meet a lot of really famous people, engaged with them at different levels, but by far, Steve Lukather is my main influence, as well as George Lynch and some other ones. My favorite band has been and remains Toto (met those guys, they’re great people).
5. Who are your favorite musicians?
A. Favorite musicians: Steve Lukather, Greg and Matt Bissonette, Toots Thielemans, Andy Timmons, Mark King, Simon Phillips, David Garfield, David Paich, Jeff Beck, E.Clapton.
6. What have been the greatest challenges/frustrations of your career so far?
A. Frustration…? I have not been that frustrated, I know how the industry works and what I can expect of it.
7. As a musician, what is your definition of success?
A. Success?…. very simple, being able to take care of my loved ones in comfort and well being. If music makes it happen as it already did for me… great, I am addicted anyway, I won’t stop.
8. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
A. Happiness is the most simple thing by definition, to each to find his own, to me, simple life doing what I like is good for me….and sailing the crap outta my sailboat.
9. What is your present state of mind?
A. I am a happy guy by nature, die-hard optimist!
10. What is your most treasured possession?
A. My kids, period.
11. What do you enjoy doing most?
A. Did I mention sailing?
12. Where would you like to be in 10 years?
A. in 10 years, I don’t even know if I’ll be alive, am 61….hahaha.. hopefully retired and keep playing.
13. Where you @ online?
A. You can find me on: Loni Dorvee
- @ July 24, 2019 9:46 am