1. Where are we talking from today?
2. What would you like to accomplish in 2019?
A. To be at a point in my music career where I’m making money because I’m tired of the 9 to 5.
3. What is your take on politics?
A. I’m not political at all. Just living life.
4. Where did you get your artist name from?
A. It just hit me out of nowhere. It suits very well.
5. Growing up, how important has music been in your life? Can you recall the moment when you decided that you wanted to be a musician? Was it an easy or difficult choice to make?
A. Well since grade school I played the violin (I don’t anymore). Music has always helped me get thru rough times. I just…I don’t know. It’s a way of life. 4 years ago I picked up a pen and wrote my first song and it was horrible. Do you know what I did though? I wrote 300 more and now it’s 3 to 4 a week.
6. Was there ever a time when you thought about doing something else? If you weren’t a musician today, what could you see yourself doing?
A. I should be in pro basketball right now but my mother passed away at the beginning of college and it hit me hard and I gave it up sadly.
7. What has been the biggest surprise so far about making music your career? What has been an unexpected or welcome challenge to it all?
A. Building a fan base and getting my music in front of the right people have been more of a welcoming challenge but patience is a virtue
8. What was it like putting together your E.P?
A. It felt really good to put together and finish a project. Felt accomplished.
9. Who are some of your favorite artists or rather, what musicians have continued to inspire you and your music? Who would you still love to work with in the future?
A. I hate to say it but Cardi B. Yeah, your thinking oh she is only saying that cause Cardi is killing the charts but honestly I was following Cardi from Love and Hip Hop. Oh and that Gangsta Bitch Music album she came out with back then is still my all-time favorite. I grew up with Drake and Chris Brown so, of course, them but I would love to do some work with J Cole too. Pretty much a lyrical genius next to Kendrick Lamar.
10. What has it been like keeping up with your social media accounts and all of the different platforms? Is it hard to stay up to date on it all? What would you say is your favorite way to connect with your fans now?
A. Yea is hard being I don’t have a team behind me and I’ve been doing this all alone. I like using the app Triller and I’m active on IG.
11. If you were going to be stranded on a deserted island, what musical item would you take with you and why?
A. Phone(pre-loaded beats) and headphones. I’d just sit and write songs all day every day.
12. If your music was going to be featured on any TV show that is currently on right now, which would you love it to be on? Or if you prefer, what is a movie that you love that you wish your music was featured in?
A. Empire that’s my absolute favorite show.
13. At the end of the day, what do you hope people take away from your music?
A. I just want to make people laugh and connect with the music. Like my new single I Had A Dream, a lot of my friends feel the struggle and how one day we might all snap and do something we shouldn’t like robbing a bank.
14. When you are not making music what else do you enjoy to do?
A. Playing ball that’s my third love from my mom and music.
15. Where you @ online?
@datkrazichik on Instagram