1. Where are we talking from today?
A. In Houston.
2. What would you like to accomplish in 2019?
A. More brand awareness, and more positive impact in terms of the people.
3. What is your take on politics?
A. I understand politics is a necessary thing but it’s not really my interest. For me it’s more of a headache and I tend to avoid those.
4. Where did you get your artist name from?
A. It’s a play off my nickname Mook, a few friends referred to me as such and I ran with it.
5. Growing up, how important has music been in your life? Can you recall the moment when you decided that you wanted to be a musician? Was it an easy or difficult choice to make?
A. I knew from the time I was 13 it was for me and it was everything I wanted to do, it wasn’t that difficult for me at all. I started out freestyling and didn’t really write too well in the beginning. I was actually a better freestyler than a writer at first but I was determined to step my pen game up.
6. Was there ever a time when you thought about doing something else? If you weren’t a musician today, what could you see yourself doing?
A. Not exactly sure but I know for me when you’re not doing what’s fulfilling to the spirit you end up miserable anyway.
7. What has been the biggest surprise so far about making music your career? What has been an unexpected or welcome challenge to it all?
A. I have yet to see.
8. What was it like putting together your E.P
9. Who are some of your favorite artists or rather, what musicians have continued to inspire you and your music? Who would you absolutely still love to work with in the future?
A. I really appreciate what T.I. does, Jay-Z & Eminem, will always be legends to me. Meek Mill is someone I enjoy musically as well and Royce Da 5’9 is flames too.
10. What has it been like keeping up with your social media accounts and all the different platforms? Is it hard to stay up to date on it all? What would you say is your favorite way to connect with your fans now?
A. Twitter hands down is my go to I’m not on every social media platform.
11. If you were going to be stranded on a deserted island, what musical item would you take with you and why?
A. My voice is one of my greatest instruments, so I’d be good with iPad or tablet with some fire beats so I can create and a few fire playlist to listen to.
12. If your music was going to be featured on any TV show that is currently on right now, which would you love it to be on? Or if you prefer, what is a movie that you love that you wish your music was featured in?
A. Power would be a good look!
13. At the end of the day, what do you hope people take away from your music?
A. At the end of the day we value music based off how it makes us feel so with that said if my music can make one feel empowered or inspired then I did my part.
14. When you are not making music what else do you enjoy to do?
A. I like to study metaphysics and consciousness things of that sort. I’m a big of the hot ones show on YouTube and I like to play a little basketball now and then.
15. Where you @ online?
A. On Twitter @iammooyou
- @ August 15, 2019 4:43 pm