1. Where are we talking from today?
A: We’re from Ventura, CA but we’re currently in Anaheim, CA gearing up to play a homeless benefit concert tonight at the world-famous Doll Hut.
2. What would you like to accomplish in 2019?
A: Our main goal for 2019 is continuing to promote our self-titled EP. We’ve been playing shows all over Southern California and have several more lined up in the Fall. After that, we plan on writing our next record.
3. What is your take on politics?
A: We think Politics and Government sucks, period. But we hate what we see going on around us right now and it’s reflective in our music.
4. Where did you get your artist name from?
A: Our name was inspired by “If -”, a poem by Rudyard Kipling.
5. Growing up, how important has music been in your life? Can you recall the moment when you decided that you wanted to be a musician? Was it an easy or difficult choice to make?
A: We all grew up playing in bands and obsessing over music. For me personally (Thomas, guitar) – my Dad worked at a record label when I was a kid and would bring records home, so music was always playing at my house growing up. When I was 14 I received a guitar for Christmas and I’ve been playing pretty much every day since.
6. Was there ever a time when you thought about doing something else? If you weren’t a musician today, what could you see yourself doing?
A: We all have day jobs, responsibilities, etc but we share a deep passion for music and we’ll always play for that reason. Making money or having a career was never the goal…we simply love writing, playing and expressing ourselves through music.
7. What has been the biggest surprise so far about making music your career? What has been an unexpected or welcome challenge to it all?
A: Although music isn’t our career at this point, we’ve had some great opportunities along the way. The biggest was recording with Andrew Berlin at The Blasting Room. Andrew is an incredibly talented Producer/Engineer and many of our musical heroes have recorded at that studio, so that was a real honor.
8. What was it like putting together your E.P?
A: As musicians, we enjoy the process of recording. Splitting time between Captains Quarters in Ventura, CA and The Blasting Room in Fort Collins, CO was a fun and rewarding experience, as it allowed us to get the best sounds out of each studio.
9. Who are some of your favorite artists or rather, what musicians have continued to inspire you and your music? Who would you still love to work with in the future?
A: Captain Geech & The Shrimp Shack Shooters! We love all genres and all four of us have our different favorites. We try to reflect that in the songs we write. That said, Subhumans, Quicksand, Pixies, The Bronx, Boy Sets Fire, Refused, Black Flag & Hot Water Music are some of the bands we draw inspiration from and would love to work with any of them.
10. What has it been like keeping up with your social media accounts and all of the different platforms? Is it hard to stay up to date on it all? What would you say is your favorite way to connect with your fans now?
A: We enjoy staying engaged with our friends and fans via the various social media platforms…it’s never a challenge because we dig it!
11. If you were going to be stranded on a deserted island, what musical item would you take with you and why?
A: An iPod so we can listen to music! But we’d also fashion musical instruments from coconuts and tree branches.
12. If your music was going to be featured on any TV show that is currently on right now, which would you love it to be on? Or if you prefer, what is a movie that you love that you wish your music was featured in?
A: Rick & Morty, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Stranger Things.
13. At the end of the day, what do you hope people take away from your music?
A: Hopefully we can inspire people to live their best life and make the most of each day!
14. When you are not making music what else do you enjoy to do?
A: Hanging with friends and family, surfing, climbing, snowboarding, bowling
15. Where you @ online?
A: All things OneMinuteRun related can be found at www.oneminuterun.com. Also, check out the video for our first single “1440” on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hwM-SadKis
- Ships Have Sailed – “Stay” – Official Music Video
- LLand – Roll Me a Seven [Official Video] Twyla Burger