|Music Artist K_1P|
1. Where are we talking from today?
A. I’m in sunny San Diego, CA.
2. What would you like to accomplish in 2019?
A. I want to get in touch with more artists and work with a lot of people, really get my time in the studio.
3. What is your take on politics?
A. I stay out of them, to be honest.
4. Where did you get your artist’s name from?
A. It was a nickname I was giving along time ago and it stuck. All I did was lose a few letters and made it look cool.
5. Growing up, how important has music been in your life? Can you recall the moment when you decided that you wanted to be a musician? Was it an easy or difficult choice to make?
A. Music has always been in my life my brother always had a new instrument in the house so I was exposed to a lot growing up. Through the ups and downs in life, music is the only thing that’s been a constant didn’t matter where I was in life I could always turn to music. I was around 16 when I knew music was my gift and naturally that’s all I wanted to do was create music, but that’s not the normal path in my family so I had to hide a lot of my intentions for music growing up which made it difficult to stick with it. But like I said it’s been the only constant in my life.
6. Was there ever a time when you thought about doing something else? If you weren’t a musician today, what could you see yourself doing?
A. I never really thought about giving up. There were times where it felt like that was an option but the mind is a strange thing. I played a lot of paintball growing up which was my sport of choice but music has always had a place in my life.
7. What has been the biggest surprise so far about making music your career? What has been an unexpected or welcome challenge to it all?
A. I’m still nothing big at the moment but just the simple process of making music and working with amazing artists.
8. What was it like putting together your EP?
A. Not as difficult as some people make it be. If you’re feeling good about something you make people can hear it. So you tell me.
9. Who are some of your favorite artists or rather, what musicians have continued to inspire you and your music? Who would you still love to work with in the future?
A. Biggie Smalls, Eminem, 2pac, RUN DMC, all the greats, I listen to a lot of Smoke Purp Lil Peep, and Lil Gnar but I listen to mostly producers like Woah, Kenny Ronny Jay Murda Beats and many more. To be fair I want to get something in with Suicide Boys they super fire.
10. What has it been like keeping up with your social media accounts and all of the different platforms? Is it hard to stay up to date on it all? What would you say is your favorite way to connect with your fans now?
A. It’s social media so it’s like something to do when I’m bored but it’s kinda easy. Staying up to date is kinda a personal battle I do all right but I find Instagram to be the best.
11. If you were going to be stranded on a deserted island, what musical item would you take with you and why?
A. Acoustic bass, simple I first learned to play bass, it’s my favorite instrument.
12. If your music was going to be featured on any TV show that is currently on right now, which would you love it to be on? Or if you prefer, what is a movie that you love that you wish your music was featured in?
A. Any show that can find a use for my music is welcome to it, I’d just be happy to see them use it.
13. At the end of the day, what do you hope people take away from your music?
A. I hope people realize it’s going to be ok, no matter what situation you’re in it’s gonna be ok.
14. When you are not making music what else do you enjoy to do?
A. Just life man. Whatever comes to mind simply because I enjoy maki music so if I’m not making music then I’m just enjoying the day.
15. Where you @ online?
A. Follow me on Instagram @l1lk1p and Sound Cloud K_1P and _sofloppybeats_
My Sound Cloud
Check out more interviews at www.entirelypr.com