1. Where are we talking from today?
2. Where did you get your artist’s name from?
A. From quote in Animal House movie. “Russ Chairman; DAMN GLAD to meet you.
3. Music-wise what are you working on right now? Are you currently promoting a single or album?
A. We recently released our 5th album “5” celebrating 17 years together with 19 new songs.
4. Who or what were the most significant influences on your musical life and career?
A. I would say most music from the ’70s/’80s as well as the ’60s. At 5 years old, I remember being amazed looking at the artwork for Elton John’s Goodbye Yellow Brick Road and was fascinated by the sounds I was hearing along with The Eagles album and my dad’s LP of Peter Frampton’s Frampton Comes Alive was my earliest memories of influence. By 7 years old, I was a huge Beatles fan followed by the Stones and all the classic rock that followed from Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Van Halen, Pink Floyd and so on down the line. Too many bands to mention.
5. Who are your favorite musicians?
A. As a guitarist, I have many influences but if I were to name 5 guitarists that have shaped my style and approach I would say, David Gilmour, Joe Walsh, Alex Lifeson, Angus Young, Ace Frehley to name a few.
6. What have been the greatest challenges/frustrations of your career so far?
A. Always on the business side. Never any creative challenges. Creating, writing, producing, arranging and performing has always been the easy part.
7. As a musician, what is your definition of success?
A. These days my definition of success is playing a well attended, well-performed show. Releasing a record I’m proud of perfect for the masses.
8. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
A. That feeling when the last lyric of a song is penned and it all comes together feels together and stays together as a song.
9. What is your present state of mind?
A. Ebb and flow from artist burnout to inspirational motivational artistic output.
10. What is your most treasured possession?
A. I’m not sure that I have one. Perhaps my cherry wine Gibson Les Paul custom.
11. What do you enjoy doing most?
A. Jamming with my drummer and coming up with at least half a dozen new song ideas just by how we play together.
12. Where would you like to be in 10 years?
A. I would like to be on the road plugging in opening for a well-respected rock group while DG’s extensive music catalog gains recognition.
13. Where you @ online?