1. Where are we talking from today?
A. I’m based in NY, NY.
2. What would you like to accomplish in 2019?
A. I’m hoping to create songs that I’m proud of releasing into the world.
3. What is your take on politics?
A. I’m independent, I don’t involve myself in politics.
4. Where did you get your artist’s name from?
A. I got a tattoo when I was in college of an orchid. It’s my favorite flower because they’re delicate and you need to take really good care of it. I’m a big advocate of taking care of yourself and doing whatever it takes to get things done, so you can be the best you can be.
5. Growing up, how important has music been in your life? Can you recall the moment when you decided that you wanted to be a musician? Was it an easy or difficult choice to make?
A. I’ve been writing lyrics since I was 11-years-old. Music hs always been a part of me. I am also in marketing full-time, but this is a great outlet and I am very passionate about music.
6. Was there ever a time when you thought about doing something else? If you weren’t a musician today, what could you see yourself doing?
A. I’m currently in marketing, so I have the best of both worlds. I’m creative in my full-time job and get to be creative with music.
7. What has been the biggest surprise so far about making music your career? What has been an unexpected or welcome challenge to it all?
8. What was it like putting together your EP?
A. Putting together my single was an amazing experience. I’ve wanted to record a song professionally my entire life. Working with Duke Sims from Shinobi Ninja was great too–he’s a super talented musician and producer.
9. Who are some of your favorite artists or rather, what musicians have continued to inspire you and your music? Who would you still love to work with in the future?
A. I’m a big fan of Counting Crows, Bob Dylan, and The Rolling Stones. All of them are incredible songwriters. I’d love to work with Adam Duritz. He’s one of the best songwriters I’ve ever heard.
10. What has it been like keeping up with your social media accounts and all of the different platforms? Is it hard to stay up to date on it all? What would you say is your favorite way to connect with your fans now?
A. With a full-time job, it’s tough to keep up with social media, but I do my best! I like posting Instagram stories the most. I have fun with those.
11. If you were going to be stranded on a deserted island, what musical item would you take with you and why?
A. I would take a bunch of notebooks to write lyrics–I think I’d write a lot of good material being stranded on an island.
12. If your music was going to be featured on any TV show that is currently on right now, which would you love it to be on? Or if you prefer, what is a movie that you love that you wish your music was featured in?
A. I’d love for my music to have been in Silver Lining’s Playbook. That’s one of my favorite movies of all time.
13. At the end of the day, what do you hope people take away from your music?
A. At the end of the day, I hope people connect with the song’s story. My songs are all very different from each other, and sometimes they’ll pour out in 10 minutes.
14. When you are not making music what else do you enjoy to do?
A. I love seeing other musicians, stand up comics, movies, traveling, and being in the great outdoors.
15. Where you @ online? orchidtattoomusic
- @ December 27, 2019 5:10 pm